© 2017 The Fact Finder
Artist and Curator at The Fact Finder - Alex Bodea
Born in Romania. Lives and works in Berlin.
Curator and Artist @ The Fact Finder
MA 2009-2011- University of Arts and Design, Cluj, Romania.
2008 - School of Architecture and Fine Arts Saint Luc, Liege, Belgium, Erasmus Mobility
BA 2006-2009 - University of Arts and Design, Cluj, Romania.
* - Upcoming Art Encounters Biennale, Timisoara, Romania, curated by Diana Marincu and Ami Barak.
* - Artists&Curators involved in Acts Of Searching Closely art project, ASC Gallery, London 25th October-2nd November 2016
* - Notunterkunft Sporthalle Wrangelstr. 98_Refugee Shelter Berlin, 3rd-10th January 2016
* - Besetzte Räume Gedenk und Bildungsstätte Andreasstraße, Erfurt, 06th February 2016
* - Rehearsals for La Passion de Simone, Tischlerei, Deutsche Oper, Berlin, 23-24th November 2015. In collab. with Peter Sellars, opera/theatre director
* - Temps d’Images, Cluj, 7-14 Noiembrie 2015. In collab. with ColectivA, Andreea David, performance artist; Alexander Manuiloff, performance artist; Frédéric Fisbach, theatre director, actor
* - notallthatwonderarelost - technical preparations, Hebbel am Ufer Theater, Berlin, 08-09 October 2015. In collab with HAU and Benjamin Verdonck, performance and visual artist
* - Read to Me in the Stars, Antje-Konservatorium, Berlin, 28th September and 3rd Oktober 2015. In collab with Natalia Irina Roman, installation artist
* - Stendhal labor, Erratum Galerie, Berlin Art Week, 20th September 2015. In collab. with Carmen Loch, visual artist
* - The production of Orfeo, Martin Gropius Bau, 11-12th; 1418th September 2015. In collab. with Berliner Festspiele
* - Basel Liste, 15th-215h June 2015. In collaboration with Plan B Gallery and Peter Bläuer
* - Rosemarie Trockel's Art of Interpretation, Zentrum für Literatur- und Kulturforschung Berlin, 20th May 2015. In collab. with Brigid Doherty, associate professor of German and Art and Archaeology at Princeton University
* - Berlin Soundpainting Orchestra Ehemaliges Stummfilmkino Delphi Berlin, 3rd May and 10th May 2015. In collab. with Hada Benedito, soundpainter; Berlin Soundpainting Orchestra
* - Poetic minimalism, Salon Dahlmann, Berlin, 3rd May 2015. In collab. with Salon Dahlmann
* - Jelisaveta Blagojević: Politics of Unthinkable Desire - On Love, Jealousy, and the Telephone ICI Kulturlabor, Berlin, 28th April 2015. In collab with Dr. Jelisaveta Blagojevic, lecturer at Faculty of Media and Communications, Singidunum University (Belgrade), ICI Kulturlabor Berlin
* - Half day with Ana Moreira, 07th April 2015, Porto. In collab. with Ana Moreira, actress
* - Britânico rehearsal at Ao Cabo Teatro, 18th March 2015, Porto. In collab. with Micaela Cardoso, actress
* - Salomé Lamas at Serralves Foundation, 14th-16th March 2015, Porto. In collab. with Salomé Lamas- filmmaker and researcher; Ricardo Nicolau- curator at Serralves Foundation; Paula Fernandes- curator at Serralves Foundation
* - Poesia sonora, Gato Vadio, 07th March, 2015, Porto. In collab. with Rui Torres - poet/experimental (cyber)poet, associate professor at Fernando Pessoa University.
* - Agustina Bessa - Luis and her literary circle, Biblioteca Municipal Almeida Garrett, 03rd March, 2015, Porto
* - Hang out with writers, Co-up, Berlin, 16th February 2015. In collab. with Bastian Gruber- web developer, IT journalist
* - Seminar, Freie Universität, Berlin, 09th February 2015. In collab. with Annette Gilbert - scholar scholar in comparative literature at the Freie Universität Berlin and postdoctoral research fellow of the Volkswagen Foundation
* - Publishing as artistic practice, Lettrétage, Berlin, 02nd February 2015. In collab. with Kristen Mueller- artist and publisher (& SO); Annette Gilbert - scholar scholar in comparative literature at the Freie Universität Berlin and postdoctoral research fellow of the Volkswagen Foundation
* - Active Art Salon #2″, Baumhaus, Berlin, 29th January 2015. In collab. with Scott Bolden- designer & engineer
2017 - Upcoming Art Encounters Biennale, Timisoara, Romania, curated by Diana Marincu und Ami Barak.
2017 - "The Fact Finder", The Fact Finder. Participating artists: Matthias Beckmann, Sibylle Hafter, Anne Metzen, Alina Andrei, Karine Bonneval. Curated by Alex Bodea.
2017 - "Raumohneraum", Netzwerk Freier Berliner Projekträume und -initiativen e.V., Kunstpunkt, Berlin,Germany. Curated by Isolde Nagel.
2016 - "Drawing Reportage, Now and Here", Lateral ArtSpace, Paintbrush Factory Cluj, Romania. Feliks Topolsky, Oliver East, Alina Andrei, Christine Gedeon, Matthis Beckmann, Pia Linz, Alex Bodea. Curated by Alex Bodea.
2016 - "Acts of searching closely", ASC Gallery in collaboration with Saint Martin's School of Arts, London.
2015 - "Other rooms", Plan B Gallery Cluj, Romania, group exhibition involving contemporary drawing practices. Curated by Diana Marincu.
2015 - "Disegni scelti dall'archivio", Goethe Institut Bologna
2014 - "Drawing Storage at Cantiere disegno”, Biennale Disegno Rimini, Rimini, Italy
2014 - "Berlin- IN/OUT" Art Van Demon, Berlin, Germany
2014-2015 - "Voyage4", MUU Artists’ Association, Finland. Project shown at La Neomudejar, Madrid, Spain/ PAE Performance Art Event, Rotterdam, The Netherlands/ MUU Gallery, Helsinki, Finland/ Hanasaari, Espoo, Finland/ Interakcje Festival, Piotrkow Trybunalski, Poland/ Art-Athina 2014 Art Fair, Athens, Greece/ Paintbrush Factory, Lateral Artspace, Cluj-Napoca, Romania/ Galleria Napa, Rovaniemi, Finland/ Days of Performance, Gallery Centre Varazdin, Croatia/ Museum of Contemporary Art in Istria, Pula, Croatia/ Not Festival, Copenhagen, Denmark/ TAL art space, Rio De Janeiro, Brasil/ Folkets Bio, Umeå, Sweden/ Ses Voltes, Mallorca, Spain/ Lilith Performance Studio, Malmö, Sweden/ Visualcontainer, Milan, Italy/ New Performance Festival, Turku, Finland/ Sala Fenix, Barcelona, Spain/ Hangar, Barcelona, Spain/ Knockdown Center, New York, USA/ KunstKraftWerk, Leipzig, Germany
2014 - "Oktavo Fika", Kalopsia Collective at Platform Gallery, Belfast, England.
2013 - "The Whisperers", part of Let us be known; let us be seen, and let us shine” organized by Curator’s network at Matadero Madrid, Spain. Curated by Gawel Gownacki (F.A.I.T), Poland.
2013 "It’s in the papers", José Robles Gallery, Madrid, Spain. Curated by Nathalie Hartjes, chief curator at de Appel and artistic director at Niuwe Vide, Netherlands.
2013 - "Urbanaria", The Espaco Cultural Sérgio Porto, ENTRE Project, in partnership with the Largo das Artes Gallery, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
2012 - "Monumental", CBC in collaboration with Jecza Gallery, Timisoara, Romania.
2011 - "Eight new works and a half", Salonul de Proiecte in collaboration with National Museum of Contemporary Art, Bucharest, Romania.
2011 - "Protection Image", Laika Gallery, Cluj, Romania.
2011 - "Draw as if it will have consequences", Cluj, Casa Matei Gallery, Romania.
2010 - "Artbooth", Cluj – Oradea - Timisoara itinerary exhibition, Romania. Public space. Curated by Alex Bodea.
2010 - "MIS FIT", Mill Street Studios, Dublin, Ireland.
2010 - "Idila", Atelier 030202, Bucharest, Romania.
2009 - "Young artists from the Painting School of Cluj", Mie Lefever Gallery, Gent, Belgium.
Press and publications
* Interview Berliner Festspiele
* Orpheo chronicles
* Visual notes on Letretage
* Visual notes on Gato Vadio
* Arta, magazine of the Romanian Union of Visual Artists, issue 2-3/2011, FAB group Associates.
* ARTiculAction, online magazine, issue may 2013
* Snapshot Romania contemporary artists from Romania, 2014, published by Skira.